Not to be confused with a user role, an assignment type is the classification in which a person is assigned to a given case.
For example, you may be the owner of a firm that sometimes manages a case (as a case manager), sometimes works the case (as an investigator), and sometimes is credited for the work done (as a salesperson). When you are assigned to a case, choosing the assignment type tells the system which job you'll be performing. Trackops includes 6 assign types:
- Case Manager
- Salesperson (premium plan only)
- Additional Employee
- Client Contact
- Affiliate Contact
Editing an Assignment Type
To edit an assignment type, go to Settings > Case Assignment Types. From here, click on the name of the assignment type you wish to edit.
- Name: The name of the assignment type appears on case and when assigning individuals to that case. For example, if you refer to an investigator as an "Agent", you can edit your investigator assignment type and rename it.
- Note: It's important to note that the system will still refer to the default name of the assignment type in some places throughout the system.
- Update/File Notices: If enabled, the system will automatically send a "New Case Update Notice" each time a new case update is posted, and a "New File Upload Notice" each time a new file is uploaded.
- Note 1: Notices for invalid case updates (i.e. not auto-validated) will not be sent to users without permission to "View Invalid Updates".
- Note 2: Notices for case updates and/or uploaded files in access groups that are not included in the user's role will not be sent.
- Note 3: If the "New Case Update Notice" and/or "New File Upload Notice" email templates are disabled, the respective email notice will not be sent, regardless of this setting.
- Assignment Notices: If enabled, the system will allow "Case Assignment Notice" emails to be sent to users who are assigned to cases as this assignment type.
- Note: If the "Case Assignment Notice" email template is disabled, no notifications will be sent, regardless of this setting.
- Confirm Assignments: If enabled, users assigned as this type will be asked to confirm the receipt of each assignment they receive via the "Case Assignment Notice".
- Note: If "Assignment Notices" is unchecked, or the "Case Assignment Notice" email template is disabled, no notifications will be sent.
- Assign to Reopens: If enabled, users assigned as this type will be automatically assigned to reopened cases if they were previously assigned to the last instance of that case series.
Once you've made the necessary changes, click Save Assignment Type to save your changes.