Payment methods are used to track which types of payments you accept. You can enter as many payment methods as you need.
To create a new payment method, click the Settings tab, click the Payment Methods link, and then click New Payment Method.
- Name - The name of the payment method, as you want it displayed to your clients and staff (i.e. Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, PayPal, etc...).
- Notes - A brief description of the payment method. This is for informational purposes only and is only visible inside the settings.
- Apply as Credit - If you don't want payments of this type to be allocated as collected income, enable this option. For example, if you are interested in tracking bad debt or writing off a portion of an invoice without actually receiving payment, this setting is especially useful.
- Set as Default Method - If checked, the system will automatically select this method when receiving a new payment on an invoice.
- Reference ID - This field is used to reference or match the payment method in other external systems.