Task templates are only available for Premium subscribers
For many types of cases, the workflow is very predictable, meaning that the same tasks need to be completed on every case. For situations like this, Trackops offers the concept of Task Templates. A task template allows you to pre-design your tasks so they can be automatically generated on each case. This handy feature will save when creating and managing tasks, and will also help eliminate mistakes when planning the milestones on your cases.
Creating a Task Template
To create a new task template, navigate to the Settings tab and then click Task Templates. From here, create a new template by clicking New Template in the upper right of the screen.
- Title - A unique and descriptive title for this task. It is recommended to make use of template variables in your task titles to ensure that staff will be able to identify the task based on the title. Without template variables, all tasks will have the same title, which may lead to some confusion.
- Attach Primary Subject - If you want to associate the primary subject on the connected case to this task, be sure to check this box.
- Calendar - The color-coded calendar you wish to place this task in. It's usually a good idea to have separate calendars for different types of tasks.
- Due Date - The due date on the task is configured by choosing the number of days before or after the case due date or case creation date.
- Note: It is important to note that if a case is created without a due date, and the task relies on the case due date to set its own due date, then the task due date will remain empty.
- Notes - The notes allow for specific instructions or comments that assist with the completion of the task. Using template variables allows you to inject case and/or client data into the description of the task.
- Client - If this template is specific to a particular client, choose it here, and the template will only be generated on new cases for the selected client.
- Assign To - Optionally configure this template to auto-assign a user once it has been assigned to the connected case. The system will assign the first user in the designated assign type (e.g. Investigator) to the task as soon as they are assigned to the connected case.
Have a look at the following task template example:
In the above example, we've created the skeleton for a report due task. This task will be automatically created when a new case in the selected case types (which in the case is all of them) has been created. In addition, we've used template variables (indicated by the curly braces) to insert case-specific data into the template. The case data will be automatically merged into the task when the case is created, as shown here:
Once a template has generated a task, it functions like any other task or event in the system. Get started with task templates today and optimize your workflow!