When you have an activity that needs to be scheduled on a certain day and/or time (e.g. a day of surveillance), the best way to accomplish this is through the Trackops event system. Scheduling events within Trackops allows managers to quickly find the best investigator for the job, easily communicate upcoming assignments, alert investigators when their activities are upcoming, and track investigator locations through mobile event check-ins.
The easiest way to create a new event is to navigate to one of your open cases that has work to be scheduled. From here, click the New button at the top of the case, and then select New Event.
- Title: The name of the event, as you want it to appear on the agenda.
- Case: The case number associated with this event.
- Service: Optionally assign a case service to this event. By specifying the service, you'll be able to better isolate certain types of events (e.g. surveillance) when filtering from lists or calendars.
- Timezone: If the event is to occur in a different timezone (i.e. different from your system timezone), you can optionally choose a new timezone for the event. This is useful when you are communicating event information to investigators outside of your local area.
- Address: If you have a desired start location for this activity, enter it here. Events with locations will appear on the case map, and are easier to track through mobile check-ins. When an event is connected to a case, any existing case or subject address on the case will be automatically available to select and pre-populate the address fields via Case Addresses.
- Staff: If you already know who you're going to assign the case and/or event to, you can select them from the Staff dropdown. If you need assistance in determining the best available investigator for the job, use the Recommend link, located to the right of the assignment box (see below for details).
By clicking the Recommend link, the system will provide a list of the best qualified investigators to work the activity based on a variety of scheduling criteria.
Note: Recommendations are based on the entered event information. Be sure you have filled out as much information as possible in the new event form before looking for recommendations.
Once you've reviewed the list of candidates, click the investigator's name to assign them to the event.
To better understand the above illustration, please review the below scheduling criteria:
|Case Service||Qualified to work the selected service on the event|
|Case Region||Availability to work in the associated case region|
|Licensed||Has a valid license in the state associated with the event address|
|Preferred Investigator||Part of the associated case client's preferred investigator panel|
|Home Address||Approximate distance from home address to event address|
|Last Location||Approximate distance from last known location to event address|
|Scheduled Hours||Total scheduled hours for the week of the event date|
|Scheduled All-Days||Total scheduled all-day activities for the week of the event date|
|Expensed Hours||Total number of hours already expensed for the week of the event date|
After the user has been assigned to event, you will see their name listed next to the Assigned To field within the new event form. At this point you will be able to optionally set an alert to remind the investigator of the upcoming assignment, and save the event.